One of our favorite holiday eats comes from Trader Joe’s. Available one time per year, the Pumpkin Muffin mix and the Pumpkin Pancake and Waffle mix add to the season’s ambiance. My kiddos love to climb up to the counter, add small hands, and eat scattered chocolate chips! It takes a little extra time and it’s definitely messier, but I’m banking on the fact that I’m creating memories to last a lifetime. Although the recipe doesn’t call for chocolate chips, we have found that adding 3/4 cup to the muffins and scattering a couple onto each pancake makes for good eats!
Baking always gives me a little smile, which is why I was so excited to discover this list about Fall Treats.
Thank you for the list Lauren, http://thelittlethingswedo.blogspot.com/ and to Roxanne at http://roxannima.com/ for bringing it to my attention.
1. Nothing says fall like … cinnamon, chicken pot pies, Monday Night Football, leaves
2. My favorite autumnal tradition is … Crisp, cold morning beach walks; the CrapFair – first Sunday in November
4. Fall makes me think of … Crisp mornings, blustery days, apple picking in Julian, football season
5. Autumn free form word association … go! coats, blustery, Thanksgiving, scarves, apples, harvest, pumpkins
6. My go-to outfit in the fall is … jeans, sweatshirt / sweater, scarf, and although I should probably wear some shoes, I will forever be flopping around in my Rainbow Sandals
7. My favorite fall holiday is … Thanksgiving is absolutely my favorite holiday of the year with the Fourth of July running a close second. Giving thanks, spending time with family, running the Turkey Trot, enjoying delicious home baked goods, and relaxing. Family, Friends, Food, and Football. Is there anything better?